Monday, July 29, 2013

Flame Fest 2013

I have finally slept a night in my own bed.  I said good-night to my oldest last night and good morning to one of my girls this morning. I forgot how happy pups are to see you when you have been away. 

Almost sounds like I should channel the amazing Julie Andrews and start telling you about all of my favorite things.

Flame Fest 2013 was an amazing time.  But, what is interesting to me was how much I learned when NOT in the sessions.

So, here goes.  

Laughter is the best medicine.

There is at least one other person with many of the same quirks and sense of humor as me.

Late night talks are just as bonding as they were 20 years ago.

Sticking the ankle you just had rebuilt in an elevator door is not so smart.

The right shoes make the outfit.

I will never be a "good" girl, there is still too much tomboy in me.

We are all Divas.

Bagpipes make my heart drop, not leap.

The Pink Heals program is oh so amazing.

People actually like my photography.

I speak Yankee.

There's only one kind of Coke, regardless of what those funny speaking people think.

My one-liners cause a lot of people to either snort or spew their drinks.

When it comes to tones, it truly is me.

Siri comes out of Droid phones at the most inappropriate times when you have your phone set to "driving" mode.

I make a horrible student when Fire Wife Elly is around.

I still don't like crowded elevators and prefer the stairs.

Augusta thrift stores make for nice trips down memory lane.

My phone really does not hold a charge well, at all.

Sandy Springs has turtles instead of cows or beasties.


I eat like a 6 year-old.

I will find alternatives to a $4 can of Pepsi.

Feathers get in the way.

Window frosting is very personal.

Auto-correct is trouble.

Palmetto bugs are cockroaches that went through the glowing ooze.

There are no quiet nights in Georgia.

Humming "I Shot the Sheriff" in a gas station is awkward when his deputy is standing right behind you in line.

I never want to be a dispatcher for the same department my husband is working on.

Women need to work to build each other up and not tear each other down.  

Other people have every musical in the world memorized like me.

You can make it to the train station even though Chicago traffic is at a dead stop with a little faith, trust and pixie dust.  Or, maybe that was glitter considering the company I kept.

I don't sleep a lot when I am away from home.

ooVoo makes you miss your muppets more, not less.

No one is alone, truly.  (Now I have Bernadette in my head...)

And most importantly, absence does make the heart grow fonder.  I missed my people like crazy.  i missed my hubby and was so happy to see him standing there waiting for me at the train station!! It was nice to recharge my batteries at hear the voices that my mind has been imagining for so long. (And no, I don't actually hear random voices...)  But...I am so happy to be home!

I am so grateful to Lori Mercer for all of her hard work and to my FF for taking on the crew for me so I could go.  To the ladies in this crazy world that joined me, it was awesome.  I was so glad to meet you.  For those who couldn't make it, maybe next year.  No matter what, we need to stand together, because that is what make us Fire Strong.

Happy Monday!







3 comments:

  1. I so wish I came! Sounds fabulous!

    I feel the same way about bagpipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmygosh - I wish you would have been there. The chatting and goofiness was so worth the million hour drive. Next year??

      Delete
    2. I believe it! I really want to go next year! I was really missing out this year!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...