Saturday, October 29, 2011

Can we say, DUH????

Okay, I have 2 big k9 boys.  I mean BIG.  Great Pyrenees are a giant breed, the slobber and they shed and they love whole heartedly.  My wonderful firefighter took my kids to his parents house so I could get papers graded and grades entered.  It was so nice to just be able to work.  To not have to deal with bickering or tattling or mommy separation anxiety or, or, or.  I graded papers this morning.  I ate lunch in peace.  I even got  an hour long nap in.  I can't tell you the last time that happened.  I definitely needed this to recharge my batteries.  So, it is a nice day and I thought it would be a perfect day to go to the dog park.  We are there several times a week, but this is the first time I have gone totally alone.  That means me, handling a couple hundred pounds of dog alone.  No worries.  They love the dog park and the dog park loves them.  They are the hit of the crowd, everyone flocks to them.

Today was interesting.  We had our first doggy argument.  Scares the heck out of me.  My guys are sweet, but their mouths are so big, they could fit most other dogs' heads IN their mouths. The other dog (probably a 50lb mix) started yapping and my boys had to go see what he was talking about.  So, they got there and this little guys jumps at Bear, snarling and snapping.  Well, Giovanni did not like someone yelling at his guy and he got involved.  Words were exchanged, the mutt started crying, his owner started freaking out.  I pull my boys away and the owner shrieks at me, "How can you let your monsters come scare my baby?  He doesn't even like dogs, especially not big dogs."  I think I stood there with my jaw slack for a few moments.  Really??  Did she just say what I thought she said?  So, several people came to the boys' defense and the woman and her family were asked to leave.  But I couldn't believe what she said.  First it was a dog park and second she was in the BIG dog area.  Umm, yeah, okay.  Bye crazy lady.

On a lighter note, we met our first other giant breed tri-pawed.  It was very cool to see.  The whole park buzzed about it.  It was very cool.  So, now, I am home.  The k9s are sleeping, my house is still quiet and I am getting caught up on my DVR.  I would say that this makes for a great day!

3 comments:

  1. *Snort* In the immortal words of Red, "Dumbass".

    Glad you got to have some quiet, productive time otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I have the feeling that that lady's dog "doesn't like other dogs" because she's too stupid to know how dogs socialize with each other, and therefore how to properly socialze her dog???

    People are stupid. Dogs are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. If your dog has not been properly socialized, then why bring them to a dog park. My boys just came to see what the noise was all about, I should have called them off and gone to the other side of the trees. BUT, really?? Some people need to educate themselves. It is not that hard...just watch TV!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...