Friday, July 6, 2012

My Laundry Room

Laundry Room Design
Drool city...what I wouldn't give...
It has become a sticky subject in our house.  I am spending so much time trying to make our house look amazing. Sometimes I forget about the laundry room.  And when I walk down there, it kinda sucks the life out of me. I also spend so much time on Pinterest lately that I see these room that look like something out of Better Homes and Gardens. I am a bit jealous.  Mine looks like something out of American Horror Story.  Especially right now - with boxes and stuff EVERYWHERE.  My pantry cabinet has not made its way in from the garage yet, so the table that is there for folding clothes, is covered with cans and boxes.  I don't even think I am brave enough to take a picture of it.  


Not mine, but not far off.
But, I spend so much of my day down there - laundry for 6 people is neer ending.  So, once again inspired by Pinterest, I put in a request with my toolman.  I want my laundry room finished.  Maybe not quite as perfect as the dream room I drool over when looking for ideas, but at least less basement-like.
This would be perfect.
Although, we are buying the stacking kit for my washer/dryer
to open up more space.



And he looked at me like I was crazy.  "It is JUST a laundry room."  So, I made him a deal.  Ahem..."Fine, then you can take over the laundry."  Now, he begins negotiating.  "I'll have to put in double doors to get to the back.  I need that flexibility."  Okay, I'm good with that.  I then offered to just put a curtain at the bottom of the stairs into the laundry room, again for flexibility.  So, come Christmas time, I can look for a laundry room.   I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

  1. I agree, some where you have to spend a good deal of your time ought not be depressing or scary.

    You should take before/after pictures. The worse it looks now, the better it'll look later, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the after pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...