Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sisyphus

The windows can finally be opened - our highs will only be in the high 80s, which amazingly will probably feel a bit chilly.  The house has been cleaned - nearly from top to bottom.  I just need to dig out my dining room table of miscellaneous clutter. My house has been dusted, vacuumed, windows cleaned, beds made (all by 11am) and yet I am still a bit grumpy. It could be that O refused to get dressed because there was no skirt put out.  Or maybe because B vacuumed up one of the dogs tails - you know the k9 who I JUST got over his fear of the vacuum cleaner - after nearly FOUR years.  Maybe it was that N sprayed his brother in the face with Windex.  Perhaps it just the fact that it has been in the triple digits and I have had to deal with crabby, hot kids alone.  Or just being in the middle of a 48 and the hard part of that has come 12 hours earlier than usual.  I don't know.  Probably a combination of all of the above.


Personally, I am sick of cleaning.  This is the first summer all 4 kids have been home all summer. They used to go to a summer camp J started at his school at least a few days a week.  I never seem to get that break.  Some days I feel like Sisyphus - making it to the peak of the mountain after all that stress and strain just to watch it roll back and start all over again.  I never seem to get ahead, I always seem to be cleaning an area I just cleaned, straightened or scrubbed an hour earlier.  I have kept up with laundry, but it never ends.  I just don't think the world really wants 4 naked muppets running around, nor do they want N to NOT change his clothes so that I don't have to do laundry.


So, today, I am playing supervisor, foreman if you will.  My kids are working their way out of purgatory.  The girls are jumping in the bouncy house because they got their room done.  My boys are cleaning the glass in the photo frame divider and the glass in the end tables.


Me, I am working on making this house our home.  I am doing no more cleaning, instead I am focusing on the little details - my switch plates.  I have friends and family that our quite a distance away I would like to get pictures of the finished product to them. I'll start with the little things today, because I can.  I know it sounds silly, but it is cheap and easy an therapeutic. All while I eat junk food and watch The Kennedys mini-series I recorded the other day.  
Foyer
My Kitchen


Here's what is already done...
Dining Room


For my bedroom - my favorite


The Girl's Room
Works in progress - the 2 on the left are for the stairwell
and the one on the right is to dress up my bathroom.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, the night of the 4th, it had come a rain shower and cooled the temp down to around 80*. It was chilly to me and I put on jeans and a jacket.

    Sorry you're having a hard time with the kids and heat and all. Hopefully it eases up on you soon.

    The cheap and easy projects are my favorite. Sometimes I work my buns off on a project and still don't feel like I got anything accomplished. Feeling like I got something accomplished without having to put a lot of effort into it is way better, lol.

    Your plates covers look great! I think your bedroom one is my fav, too, but they all look great. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but ehh, what are you going to do? My goal is to be done cleaning, unpacking and all of that "moving" boloney done by no later than Thursday, Wednesday being ideal. I'll get a tour up here after that. :) Happy Saturday, Melissa!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...