Sunday, October 9, 2011

Just a Firefighter's Wife


Just a Firefighter's Wife

I sleep alone at night, so you can sleep with peace of mind...
I am the woman sitting alone at the little league game, while you hold your husband's hand...
I sit alone at church so your house is spared from a roaring fire...
Yes, I give up my husband to who's need is grave and dire...
I am the woman who puts her career on hold, so her kids can have at least one parent home...
While you have dinner with your husband I quietly miss my own...
I am the woman who can fix a pipe, paint a room and change a flat...
All things I had to learn along the way to save my back...
I am not a hero, don't get paid and don't save lives...

Don't mind me I'm just a firefighter's wife...


~Diana Lucero

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...