Sunday, July 31, 2011

Makes your heart melt

We all know how crazy things get when the firefighter is working and you are home alone, making sure the ships stays righted. But, then you have to take a step back and look at who else is involved with this cruise.  The muppets.


Tomorrow Daddy comes home.  Our firefighter has been working 48s.  He is paying back trades from when D needed surgery and O was in the hospital and I had to work, but the kids did not have school.  So he is pulling a lot of 3 out of 4 shifts.  He is working 72 out of 96 hours.  I think we have one more.  It makes my life crazy...but also the kids' lives.


Tomorrow is also one of the most important days of the year.  13 years ago I married the love of my life, in a beautiful music filled ceremony.  9 years ago I brought another love of my life into this world.  I spent my anniversary going through the roughest of my 4 deliveries.  I will spare you the details, but I remember them vividly.  And it was all worth it.


Today, while I am folding laundry to pack, B came up to me.  "Mom, I am getting the best birthday present tomorrow." Me, "Oh yeah, how do you know?" B,  "Cause Daddy can only work 48 hours in a row by law."  I had to grab him and hug him, he made my heart melt.  The kids miss him when he is gone, too.  B - thank you for reminding me.  Happy Birthday, baby.  You were the best anniversary gift I could have ever asked for!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...