Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I hate teases

Yesterday, waiting for the kids to come out of school, with
the window down and the sun shining.
A Mother Nature is being a horrible tease.  Winter will not seem to let go for long.  Yesterday, the sun was out, we were in the 50s and WOW, it gave me the WORST case of Spring Fever EVER!!!  I picked up the kids with the windows down and the music blaring.  We played outside without our coats.  We had our cookies on the front lawn, ran in the sunshine and rode bikes.  It was a glimpse into what was yet to come.  And I want it NOW.  I don't need swimsuit weather, but I need open up the house weather.  I need sunshine on a regular basis, not just once every few weeks.  I am ready for a true spring, I guess.  We don't get those too often.  Either winter hangs on until June or Summer begins in March.  I am looking for something in between. And so are the Muppets.

She is clearly flying, not running.  Notice how BOTH of O's
feet are off the ground at the same time. 


We have been gathering materials to make our summer escape in the backyard happen. I have been looking for ideas on the devil known as Pinterest.  I bought 100+ year old street pavers to use to form the flower beds.  I bought gorgeous pavers for our patio.  I have a perfect table that we can all finally fit together at - for the first time.  (We have always had two smaller tables pushed together.)  And I am ready to put all of the pieces together.  My flowers have literally all sprouted over night.  I am ready to plant them.  I want to get J's family lilies out on the front walk and the angel golden in her flowers.  I am ready for spring.   To bad mother nature is being a tease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...