Monday, April 15, 2013

Insanity and Heartbreak

It is everywhere in our world.  I see it with the homeless in our city, as people try not to see them.  I hear when my husband tells me of the obscenities screamed at him for being a lazy s.o.b. or in the stories when the LEOs on the scene of a call joke about the heroes getting yelled at, too.  My heartbreaks.

And this afternoon as I was leaving to pick up the kids, it broke again.  My stomach dropped, not unlike 9/11.  How do you cause TERROR at the Boston Marathon?  There are nearly 100 countries represented and just about every recognized religion.  WHO ARE YOU ANGRY AT?  What do you hope to achieve?  How will this help your cause?  I don't understand senseless violence and this is just insane.  This will be one of those days that I add to my list. Sandy Hook and now the 2013 Boston Marathon.

I can't wrap my head around it and I can't pull myself away.  The pictures, the stories, the tragedy is oh so real. Please say a prayer for all of the victims of another event of senseless violence, as well as for the first responders.  Pray that they not only come home safe, but also that their training helps them to reach out to their patients and comfort them in their most desparate time of need. Pray for the families of the victims and the first responders, that they may indeed offer the support that their loved ones will so desperately need.


Send love to your FFs wherever they are - at home, at the station, or further away.   Please take a moment and say a prayer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...