Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Wife on a Mission

I was sent on a mission.  We live in a city famous for its kringle.  My FF's last shift for a few months is tomorrow.  After that, we are on a 9-5 schedule, which my fire wife friends have told me I will hate after the first week.  Aside from that I was sent for treats for the firehouse simple mission - Kringle for the AM and pies for after dinner.  How hard can it be?  I got pies in no time flat.  Kringle was another story.  Every one I picked up was a NUT Kringle  - Almond, Walnut, Pecan.  No fruit, no chocolate.  I was afraid I was going to come home a failure.  It has been a crazy week  - teaching through an afro and beard, tug-o-wars, powder puff football, boys who have no idea how to play volleyball, float building - just a LOONEY week.  I couldn't come home a failure.  I found some strip kringles, never knew they existed, in other flavors and snatched them up.  I grabbed the few other things I went for and headed home.

I got home, my FF hubby shook his head and said, "Ehh, I didn't care what kind you got."  Why was I worried again?

So, tomorrow, King and Queen are announced.  Papa takes the toddler.  The other 3 muppets and drive the Juniors "Peace, Love and Rock n Roll" float.  A tailgate party, a football game and a dance the next night.  Sunday to rest?  HA - not even close.

Happy Homecoming!

2 comments:

  1. Homecoming was a success! Its very true the guy's can't play football too well on that team! I guess we could kiss the football team goodbye after Saturday's Issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say given the issues we had, they went pretty deep into the playoffs. Have faith Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...