Thursday, March 22, 2012

I know, I know...

I know he's busy.  I know he is at the 2nd busiest med house in the city.  I also know he is tired and so he needs his nap in the morning.  I get all of that. I really do.  

But, seeing as his med house is so busy, we don't get to talk for a few minutes at night.  My texts go unanswered, but that is how he always is!  And yet, we still have some last minute plans with the kids that need to be worked out.  

I just wish he'd answer his phone before I get called out of my meeting because my husband did not pick up the kids.  <sigh> I love firewife life most days, just not today.  Think a carrier pigeon could make its way into my bedroom window???  Just trying to think outside the box!  Any ideas on getting a hold of your FF hubby who probably has his phone on vibrate, down on the dining room table?

Happy almost Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Call the station phone. Every station has a "hot" phone. Get that number. Or if you're feeling really ornery, call dispatch. Trust me, he won't not answer your call again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I don't think I could be "THAT" wife. I have only called once and that was when I was taking O into the ER when we found out she had H1N1. :( But, I could always threaten that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send a neighbor or relative over to bang on the door? Otherwise, no idea. I've had times I've called and called home and couldn't reach anyone because their stupid phone(s) were on silent or vibrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine nearly NEVA answers his phone. If you find out, let me know how to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Amber. FireMan told me if he doesn't answer and I really need to get ahold of him, to just call the station directly. I've done that a few times over the years. Maybe once every few months or something.
    Sometimes I get him. Sometimes I get an explanation of where he is / why he's not answering. Either way it feels better getting SOME response than none at all.

    But use it sparingly. You don't want to become THAT wife, like Trina alluded to :)

    Oh, and if you don't have the direct number for the station, I'd suggest getting it. You never know when you'll have a true emergency and need to get ahold of him NOW.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...