Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Fever

Sad thing...I think
I own this book from
my youth.
I think I might be the only person in the state of Wisconsin that enjoys the delayed appearance of spring and summer.  It is not that I am particularly attached to the snow.  No, I love the snow...until end of February/ beginning of March,  Then - it gots to go!  But, we have had 2 weeks of sun and 70s.  Yeah...we don't get that around here until, like...mid June some years.  And now I have spring fever and I have it bad.  


Spring Break is two weeks away.  Summer vacation is 9 weeks away.  I am already as bad as the kids.  Quickly eating so I can sit outside on the porch and talk to my neighbors, enjoy the nice nights.  looking out my classroom window, longing to be out with the kids.  Coloring with the chalk, throwing the football, planting my flowers. <sigh> Do we HAVE to go to school??


I got it bad and it ain't good.


No worries, this is Wisconsin.  If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.  It will change.  Well, lovely tease.  Your five minutes is up.  Please move along, but don't forget us.  Come back...in 6 weeks or so.  I would love an extended visit at that point.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! We're getting temps of 85+ all this week down here. FireGirl's school even sent a notice home about "now that summertime is here" reminding us to send in sunscreen, water bottles, etc. You know, yesterday. The first day of Spring.

    Spring & Fall are my favorite seasons, so if Summer could just wait a few more weeks before showing up... that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 83 here, today. But, we dare not put the snowblower away. It does not get put away until Memorial Day! I hear the Montessori kids in the courtyard outside my class as I eat my lunch, and would LOVE to be out there with them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...