Sunday, March 4, 2012

Creative Play

 I LOVE IT!  It is a huge part of our world!  I believe it helps kids figure out WHO they are, while they are having fun  


I love it.  When we decided to have kids, one of my first "rules" was no video games.  Well, that lasted for a while.  We now have 3 Leapsters, 1 Diigo, 2 DSis and a Wii.  So you can see, I caved.  BUT, I control them with an iron fist and have no issues saying no when asked if someone can play video games.  


I much prefer creative play.  Which is why my boys' room bleeds Legos, why my girls' room have their very own version of Kindergarten "centers".  There are babies (complete with a nursery), dress up clothes, a princess vanity, Lincoln Logs, play food, several doctors' kits and a kitchen.  I just got rid of the the tool bench with the last move, and was sad to see it go.  I love pretend play.  O LOVES the plain old boring wooden blocks.  I would much rather have them play this way, than any other.  The play cops and robbers in the neighborhood with the rest of the local crew.  The swingset is used all year long.
 
Even Homework is completed in costume here.
 
I love technology, I am a self-proclaimed geek, but sometimes the old fashioned, non-battery powered, no power cord ways are the way to go.

But, it does sometimes lead to scenes like this: 
All you can do is clean up, and start again.  In the long run, it is so worth it.


Now, off to the sledding hill.

Gotta love my FireKids.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, man, I wanna come to your house and play!

    My boys are all grown up and their toys are boxed away :(

    Your babies are absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS! You are welcome to come play anytime you are in this neck of the woods! just give me a heads up and we'll make sure you have the time of your life! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...