Sunday, September 2, 2012

Out of the Mouth of a Child

Sometimes they say things, the kids that is, and there is just nothing you can say in return.  Sometimes it is because you can't BELIEVE what just came out of their mouths and sometimes it is because you realize that they are just right.

This morning I had one of those moments.  I heard the pitter-patter of little feet coming downstairs, trying so hard to be quiet.  I had just moved back to my bedroom and turned off my alarm after a VERY long night.

B, when he gets tired, has to deal with night terrors and sleepwalking.  Last night was especially bad - he had both.  And like all good firewives, I tackled it solo because it was a shift night.  I was texting with another amazing firewife - whose FF was on the downside of a 48, after having dinner with the fire family next door.  What a great night, even if I was sleeping alone.  

Well, like all good things, it must end.  B came down just before 11pm SCREAMING.  I got him calmed down and got him back in bed.  15 minutes later he came down asking me where the ice cream was.  Woke him, directed him back to his room.  About 1am, I heard the front door open and tails whapping the ground.  I jumped, but clearly knew it was some they knew.  No one was coming in - B boy was on his way out.  UGH!  

So, I set up obstacles by each of the doors and moved out to the couch.  2:30am he lectured me about fire safety - it was a fire hazard to have the back door blocked - with a total glazed look at and 3:20am he was rummaging through the refrigerator.   That was the last of that.  I moved back to my bedroom at 5:30am and turned off my alarm.  I was not going to go to Church in 2 hours.

Until the girls came down and D was heartbroken.  "But, I LOVE our Church, Momma. I will be sad if we don't go.  I really love our church."  And how do you argue with that?  

You don't.

I will be sure to give thanks for keeping my B boy safe through out the night.

Basilica of St. Josaphat by Retinal Fetish

If you take a look at the pictures from the Church you will understand, even if you have never set foot in the door.
Image from Matt K. - the Badger Catholic.
Image copyrighted Matt Frankel - BEAUTIFUL shot of the dome.

Not too bad for being a hand me down post office.  You should read the history, it is really quite amazing.

Kiss you FFs and hug your kids.

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
~Psalm 118:24







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...