Saturday, November 12, 2011

Maytag? It's Me, Trina. Can You Hear Me?

So, if you have read this blog in the last 2 months, you have probably gotten sick of my fussing about Maytag.  I have tried to play nice, I have tried being a snotty customer, I have tried to speak with someone in this hempisphere, I have tried their Facebook page (from which they have taken the discussions links down).  I have tried everything I can think of, shy of an all out media campaign.  



I think part of the problem is disappointment.  This was my first shiny new laundry set.  Our first set came from a teacher when I was student teaching.  It was the avacado green from the 60s, Maytag, ironically.  And we loved it.  No more trips to the laundromat.  Ahhhhh.  So nice.  And from there it was hand-me-downs and rebuilts.  But, finally I had a bright shiny new front loading set.  And it broke...within a few months.



Guess what, it is broken - AGAIN!  We had issues with the washer, then the drain to which it drains wasn't draining.  I finally get back to laundry and it stops working.  On Monday, I threw in enough laundry to get us through the week, until I could play catch up.  The first load, I did on my own.  No issues.  When it came time to toss the 2nd load into the dryer, from the washer, I asked my hubby to do it.  When he came back up, he commented on how it was really wet.  I guessed that he simply forgot to hit the 'Max Extract' button so it seemed wetter than usual.  Today, I decided to tackle laundry, even with the headache and medicine head going on. 



image 0I get the first load out of the washer and once I get INTO the load, the middle, it is SOPPING wet.  Hmmm, that is really odd.  I put in load number 2, girls' comforters and move about my business.  About 20 minutes into the load, I head down to get food from the pantry and I notice that the washing machine is not spinning.  I literally stood there and stared.  What is going on?  I decide to hit the 'Drain and Spin' cycle, water did come out, but yeah, no spinning.


So you'd think this was a Blue shift, given my luck, but it is actually a RED shift.  BUT, seeing as my hubby is not a cubby anymore, he put in for OT and got it.  So maybe it is not the shift, it is just when J is gone...hmmm.  


So, it is a Saturday.  Tomorrow, I will drive 45 minutes to my Dad's and do laundry, just like my college days.  My poor dad.


MAYTAG SUCKS!  BUT, I am not the only one...  


And more...


And more...

5 comments:

  1. Maytag does not like me posting my opinion on their FB - they deleted the link to my blog very quickly...Ah well. Call me and make me happy Maytag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since Maytag sold out and closed down US shops their stuff has been garbage. My mom has had nothing but problems with her stove. She too was super excited to have a more expensive piece, got the cool new double oven when it came out. All she got was a piece of garbage. Pots and pans fall through the top even. Maytag BITES. Used to be the company to work towards affording :( Sad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had such high hopes and was so excited. With my FF leaving teaching for MFD and me leaving the public schools for the private, we really don't have the extra money for these kind of SNAFUs. I so hope they fix this sooner than they did the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really frustrating! I would be very upset too, especially when you buy it brand new. I have also noticed that things happen, not only on shift day, but on days that my firefighter is at the station.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My last Maytag appliance gave up the ghost about a month ago.... We came home to find a puddle on the floor. The ice in the icemaker melted along with all the food in the freezer defrosting... We lost all of the food in it :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...