Wednesday, November 16, 2011

World Prematurity Day

I think she finally hit 2000 grams this day!  No cannulas, thinking
about an open air crib.

My little 29 weeker.  My MIRACLE baby.  The reason why I take people's attacks so personally.  It is World Prematurity Day.  As a mommy of not only a 29 weeker, but also three 35 weekers, I am forever in debt to the March of Dimes for the work that they did before O was born and the work they continue to do.  Micro-preemies like O just didn't make it once upon a time.  Now, I am the proud mommy of a fiesty little rough and tumble gal!  Thank God for the work that the March of Dimes does.

My 8lb 8 month old CRAWLING!  So funny to see a
baby the size of a newborn crawling.  
Coming home day - 49 days old
4# 15oz



My miracle BIG GIRL!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! What an awesome story your pics tell!

    One of my coworkers had a baby at... 25 weeks? 24? Scary, but her daughter is now a happy & healthy 5 year old! Life is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW!! What a cutie patootie! Miss Chatterbox was also a 35 weeker. That was stressful enough with the resultant asthma and allergies. I couldn't imagine the stress of having 29 weeker. What a miracle!

    You're exactly right - Thanks March of Dimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin is at 30 weeks with twins. She's been having some troubles and has been on bedrest for about 6-7 weeks now. So she could drop them at any time. It's good to know there's been all this progress and that the babies will have a good chance of survival.

    O is a doll. Love those blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - 30 is almost out of woods. They will be great! I will keep her in my prayers, every day closer to 37 weeks is of GREAT help to those babies.
    27 weeks is the general rule. But I made friends while on bedrest with O whose little ones were delivered at 24 and 25 weeks who are truly AMAZING!

    Funny stat I just thought about (amazing what you'll do to avoid work) I spent 37 weeks on bedrest - that is a whole other pregnancy! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...