Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Time to concede defeat

I have been denying it for a month.  Blowing off my husband at the very suggestion of it, every time.  But now...now I have to admit defeat.  I am sick. A Z-pak may just be in my future. 



I got up this morning and the shifting of snot in the back of my throat caused an hour long coughing fit that caused my lights to dim.  I hate that feeling.  So, my hubby called my principal while I was hacking away in the stairwell and not able to speak or breathe.  Lesson plans were emailed to the secretary.  Articles and questions were uploaded to the Moodle page. And now we wait.  The doc's office doesn't start answering the phone until 8, even though she sees patients at 7am.  I will call and I will be good and go in.  I just have such a hard time admitting I am sick enough to go to the doctor.


Now, if there was ever a good day for me to admit that I can't go in, today is it.  A huge reason why I have not been going in has been J's med classes.  He leaves the house when we do at 6am.  That means I have to take the kids to school and pick them up.  Well, if that is the case, I am already at work and I may as well just go in.  But today, my hubby has a rotation at St. Mary's and it doesn't start until 1pm.  So as we speak, he is taking the three stooges into school for me, while I hang here with O.  Her cough is starting so I thought I would see if I can get her in with me.

2 comments:

  1. I am so the same way. I always think I can get over it on my own if I wait it out and am stubborn enough. Sometimes it even works. But sometimes I end up in urgent care begging to be shot and put out of my misery.

    My middle son was sick all last week. Youngest waited until Friday to come down with it (rather than earlier last week when school was out anyway). So he's out this week, too. I'm taking him to the Doc tomorrow.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're tougher than me! I go at the first whisper of illness. Mostly because I care for a newborn, a severely asthmatic 2 year old, and my mom who is in congestive heart failure - stage 4. For two of the three, even a "little" cold means hospitalization.
    Yet, it annoys me. I'd rather just wait it out too. I hate going to the doc. When I go to urgent care, I NEVER get the cute doc that looks like he belongs on Grey's Anatomy. I always get the wheezy old man who smells like moth balls. I mean come on, a little eye candy always makes me feel better :)
    I hope you feel better soon, Girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...