Monday, November 14, 2011

My Poor 6th Grader

It must absolutely horrible to have your mom in school with you.  My kids survived having Daddy in their school, but it is totally different for middle and high school.  SEVEN YEARS of mom having total access.  Poor N!  Today was one of those days.  


We are at the end of the first term.  All of our kids (6-12) are required to do so much service per term and reflect upon it.  Since this comes from my department, I am a bit of a stickler about it.  N had no issues doing the actual work. Most kids are begging for some service, N did beautifully with it. He organized a neighborhood clean-up day for our neighborhood, got his friends excited about helping just because they can.  Continued that work over two weekends at my Dad's and took care of his yard, saving my Dad a lot of time and stiffness. It was very cool.


But...


Mom's a teacher...


and she made him spell neighborhood  and patience correctly.  GASP!  

If you could imagine the drama that ensued of those two misspellings and the suggestion of the Middle School Dictionary from the resource area of my classroom, you would giggle. 


Me, I am tired of it.  I let him live, but I made him interrupt Daddy who was studying before his classes at County Grounds.  Think that phone call was worse.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I often wonder how my girls are going to feel about having momma in school with them. Since they are only 11 weeks and 2.5 years old, things have time to change, but I have a penchant for embarrassing those I love (nicely, of course =)) that doesn't bode well for them.

    Though if Daddu (what my girls call daddy) had to get called at the station....wooo doggy, there will be hell to pay!

    Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...