Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tell Me Again...

that it has nothing to do with the BLUE shift!  UGH!!


Monday, Blue Shift.  10 hours after saying good-bye to my Willow, 3 1/2 hours after the boys wake up with  fevers, after a night of NO sleep...I back out of the parking spot next to the garage.  My FF has been taking my car, saves gas, when he goes to work.  I have been taking his disaster of a Durango.  Used to be my truck, now J drives it and it looks like a tornado touched down.  But, what is best, I take the truck.


So...back to the Blue Shift on Monday.  I back out of the parking slab and the truck dies.  Just dies. Blocking the whole freakin' alley.  Its a Blue Shift, my FF is leaving early, for some reason.  I run inside to see if I can grab him.  My sick, mourning kids tell me that he has already left.  I frantically call his phone, ready to beg him to come back.  He's still in front of the house, no begging needed.  Thank goodness.


So...he drives around the back, he gets the bright idea that we have to push it.  With no power steering, I work to get the wheels to turn and they reluctantly turn.  Come back to help push.  Unfortunately, we are going to hit the garage.  Plan B, my superhero FF is going to push while I fight with the steering wheel.  Plan C. Push the truck with my car.  My poor car.  Now needs touch up paint.  But, we got it out of the alley, around to the front and parked on the correct side of the street for parking restrictions.  Next night our amazing neighbor fixes it - distributor cap.  Yesterday, hubby drives it - no issues.  This AM, it reluctantly starts.  I mention it to my FF as he checks with me.  He kind of condescendingly tells me just to give it some gas as I start it. So, we get to school.  I try, unsuccessfully, to work at my desk, time to get the little stooges over to the other campus, running late, get everyone in their car seats.  No go.  Car won't turn over.  Sigh.


Luckily, the guidance counselor lent me her keys so I could take my kids to school.  Rush back for the Career Fair today.  Now, I just have to figure out how to get home.  We are a party of 5.  Most people I work with have mini-vans for a reason.  Others with cars, simply don't have room for 5.  Luckily, again, my good friend Linda came to the rescue and brought us home.


J tells me I will fuss no matter what shift it is. I say the Blue Shift is cursed.  I am so grateful to be moving into a house next to another fire family, who is on the GREEN Shift.  Someone who gets it will be a nice change of  pace.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to say it, but your hubby is right. It doesn't matter what shift it is. Things always go wrong when YOUR hubby is on shift. If his shift changes, so will the days when things go wrong.

    It's just how it is for us fire wives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, at least your hubs department is creative enough to use colors for shifts. My Boo's dept. uses A, B and C. How original. But considering SC ranks 48th in the nation in education and literacy - I'm impressed they are in the correct order....

    But it's simply Murphy's Law. The crap will hit the proverbial fan when the least hands are around to catch it.

    Hang in there, Girlie!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...