Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Scary Movies

Our plans for last night got cancelled due to the impending, which really stinks because it was the one band I wanted to see in the series this summer. AND, it was something that wold keep the muppets occupied, since my lovely FF pulled and OT shift.  (Thank you, honey!)  Ah well.  I asked some other firewives what their plans were for the evening.  

The lovely Val, founder of FirefighterWife.com and bloggess extraordinaire, and I were chatting.  Her night involved watching scary movies with the kids.  I might have been a touch jealous.  I love scary movies - as long as they scare me.  Cheesy movies, I save for going with a big group and being obnoxious in the theater.  I would LOVE to share experience this with my kids, BUT...


The girls, clearly too young.  My boys - B is just not interested.  N, yeah...he's a real tale.  He LOVES to be scared.  He totally believes ghosts are everywhere.  There are no fakers in the world of ghost hunting as far he he's concerned.  N LOVES Ghost Adventures - that is his perfect Saturday night. 

Except that he then freaks himself out.  

And can't sleep.

He is definitely NOT the right partner for me and my scary movies. 


Me, I was watching Poltergeist and American Werewolf and Amityville Horror when I was 7 - no lie.  The only movie that every freaked me out was The Elephant Man - and that was all because he moved into my closet.  Not my fault.  He had no business being in there, it was crowded enough with all the junk I had stashed in there.  No wonder he came out at night...



So, Cabin in the Woods was my choice...

What did you do during the storms last night??

2 comments:

  1. Did you like Cabin in the Woods? Watched it recently and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love scary movies when I was younger, too. And reading scary books. I never could decide if movies have changed, or if I changed. Scary movies, and books, just don't seem as good as they used to be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...