Monday, September 2, 2013

Last Minute School Shopping

I am not sure how it has happened, but every year since 2010, I have done the first day of school solo.  The last 3 years, I took all the kids' "stuff" in before school started - because I worked in the building.  They hung out in a friend's classroom - it was a no brainer.  But now, my FF is on shift AND I have to do it alone - for real this time! I did all of the shopping - including the last minute procrastination pieces today.  Tomorrow, sigh...tomorrow. Tears, endless bags of household supplies much needed school supplies, impatient parents...and I am so not up for it.  
So, tonight we are having frozen pizza and Drumsticks for dinner.  The supplies are divided up.  The new shoes are patiently waiting in the living room - so I don't have to hunt for one of them in the morning.  Lunches are packed.  Camera battery is charged.  And I am ready - for the first day of school pictures and the tears.

My FF promised me breakfast in the AM, he is might have to splurge for a mimosa...

Happy Back to School Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...