Monday, September 9, 2013

The Empire Struck Back

Mom.  Such a tough title to embrace.  Heartbreaking and rewarding.  Loving and and guiding.  In good times and in bad.  But, none-the-less, I love it.  And, there is only so far you can go with these minions I so lovingly call muppets, before I have to remind them that this is indeed MY Empire.  

Today was one of those days.  After days and days and days of bribing and pleading and demanding and requesting and assisting and reminding and I had enough.

I went to put some clothes away this morning...and the "little bit left" my oldest had assessed the situation as, was really more of Mt. Kilimanjaro.  RIDICULOUS!

So, I calmly said a few things loudly that I would never say in the presence of the aforementioned minions. Continued putting the laundry away...and then cleaned the room.  I removed the clothes - there was full basket o'clothes left.  Mind you, this is after I thought I had it ALLLLLLL done.  I removed all the garbage.  Hmmmm, didn't know Gogurts and popsicles were allowed upstairs.  

Then I proceeded to remove EVERY. SINGLE. TOY.

Before...








And after my mini tirade....
notice how there are only school clothes hanging up...
Notice the dresser where there was once a shelf full of toys.  As they earn their toys back, they will have to make choices.  I am only allowing them one shelf.

Now, I am not totally heartless,  they each got their favorite blanket, their pillow pet, a baby doll and their 18 inch doll.  But, aside from that, they will have their books to keep them company

Some tears.  But, I will bet dollars to donuts that they will think twice when I ask them to clean their room in the future.  I don't think this is how they envisioned their afternoon when the bell rang.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...