Monday, January 13, 2014

Downside to Being Married to a Firefighter

For the most part, I love this life.  We can divide and conquer when it comes to the kids' activities and I don't (usually) have to run around like a lunatic.  I can watch TV - what I want, every three days - whether he likes it or not.  I enjoy having the bed to myself, believe it or not.  I wake up and get the kids moving easier, when he is not in bed with me when that alarms goes off.  I can keep the TV on as long as I want, without worrying about whether or not it is keeping him.  You get the idea.

But, that I also means that every third day, I completely hold down the fort alone.  Kids getting sick, houses being broken into, ER visits...that is all on me.  

Tonight is one of those nights.

Nothing has happened.  There was a pounding on the front door around 8pm...setting the dogs into an alert frenzy.  Our neighbor came over at 9:30pm on Friday, with a similar event.  He wanted to make sure that we had not needed something.

So, when this happens again, to us...it makes me wonder if someone is checking houses.  I let the LEOs know and the neighborhood watch group.  And I let the dogs bark - inside and out.  I wanted them to hear AND see my big dogs, if they were indeed watching.  So, there are lights on, doors locked and vigilance is in place.  had our neighbor not stopped by, I would have presumed it was a night of ding dong ditch, but when it is both our houses...I begin to wonder.

I am not quite ready to go to sleep, gives me the opportunity to catch up on my DVR...

Have a good night and hug those firefighters tight.  Happy Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...