Thursday, February 16, 2012

I Love My Attitude

But sometimes, I wish I had a more mild personality.  I have a big mouth and a strong personality.  Both are definitely assets, but both can be detrimental.  I am finding at home and at work, politics and my persona are clashing.  I am biting my tongue, but it truly is eating me alive inside.  

Say what you need to say.  My motto.  Plain and simple.  However, not everyone lives by that or can handle that.  Not everyone can handle me.  Sometimes I live up to the name of this blog.  


But, I try.  I try to be politically correct, I try to say things nicely instead of bluntly.  I do.  I really do.  


But it eats at me.  I feel like I lose part of me.  I feel like I am disappointing people.


To thine own self be true.


Sometimes it SUCKS to be a grown up.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you got that trait from me. But you must admit it can make life interesting. Be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I'm definitely a more "mild personality", but I also sometimes struggle with feeling free to say what I want.

    I think it gets difficult because our culture has gotten so hung up on being "politically correct" and on not hurting anyone's feelings, but the truth is that just about anything you say has the potential to hurt someone's feelings, no matter how nicely you say it.

    Either we live in truth, and remain true to ourselves, or we try to fit into this mold that makes everyone happy, which is impossible anyway.

    For me, if someone shares an opposing viewpoint (about anything), it's more about the intent behind it's delivery, and how willing that person is to listen to my side of things. If they're truly just being mean-spirited, and have no interest in my opinion, then I don't need them. But if they are simply sharing their view of things, even if harshly, and are willing to hear my viewpoint as well, then 99% of the time there's no problem, even if we have rubbed each other the wrong way.

    Hang in there. Sounds like you're in a rough spot right now, but learn from these experiences and stay true to who you are, and it'll all work itself out.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...