Saturday, February 18, 2012

Starting Over

After having a student, instead of a firefighter, after 5 months, we finally jumped back into the crazy fire life.

And it was easy, actually easier than having him home day in and day out.  I thought I was going to like having him home, and I did...from about 11pm until 4:30am.  I find him to be a distraction.  I stay in bed too long, I expect him to help with the kids and it is actually easier if I do it myself.  I got my groove back in one day.

 The morning was amazingly easy.  I got the FF and O out by 6 AM.  I got the other 3 muppets out the door with me ten minutes later.  I got out the door ON TIME.  Now, in my defense, I am always out the door "on time", never later for work.  But, I like to get to school around 6:30am in order to get some work done.  I am on overload this term and I have to run the kids over to the lower campus in the morning.  If I get to work "on time", that is 7:05, I leave to take the kids to the LC between ten and quarter after.  Kinda silly to unload everyone just to get them back in the car 5 minutes later.  AND when I get back to the Upper Campus, it is 7:25 and my kids start straggling into my class, demanding as much of my attention as my preschoolers. So NOTHING would get done if I came, on time.

Hubby had a crazy day for his first day in a med unit (and that was before the witching hour), but I think it helped pass the time and he really enjoyed himself.  I am curious to hear if he got any sleep. 

Speaking of sleep, I forgot that I don't much of it while he is at work.  We went to Red Robin with grandpa last night, watched Harry Potter and I think I got the boys to bed when my dad left at 10 pm.  I started going through my DVR, which I have missed doing, may I just say. And at some point I dozed...until the sirens went off.  My hubby's ringtone, shockingly, is indeed the siren for a fire engine.  (I know it is him without having too look.  Although it has scared the bejeezus out of complete strangers in the middle of Target before!) It was only 11pm.  So, I chatted with him for a bit and planned to go back to sleep.  But, once I got the pack upstairs and got settled in, I was now wide awake.

I watched totally useless TV, which is a nice distraction.  But I watched totally useless TV until at least 3:34 am.  The pitter patter of little feet to the bathroom started at 6am, which means I have to go through this crazy day on 2 1/2 hours of sleep.  <sigh>  I am as bad as the kids.  I stay up way too late, just because I  can.

So, I am looking forward to hearing from my hubby, I am going to be meeting him, rather than him coming home.  But, it is nice for the first day back to be a Friday, it is a nice way to shake off the dust.  I was so happy to hear the excitement in his voice come back.  Some of the politics and being a cub, took some of that away.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...