Saturday, February 5, 2011

I found my new favorite blog

All based on one post.  I am like that. My favorites change with the wind.  I have one group of 8th graders amongst my big burly juniors and seniors and they always want to know which among them is my favorite.  The PC answer of  "I have no favorites" is far too old and overused for my liking.  So, I simply have my favorites change - sometimes by the day, sometimes by the minute. I am like that - with music, with food and why not with blogs, as well.

This blogger won me over with one post, but I was a bit creeped out.  Was she spying on me?  This post was MY FAMILY.  Yikes!  It was a "Top 10" list - entitled,    "Why Having a Toddler is Like Being at a Frat Party."  So I ask you, sound familiar to you??

10. There are half-full, brightly-colored plastic cups on the floor in every room. Three are in the bathtub.

9. There's always that one girl, bawling her eyes out in a corner.

8. It's best not to assume that the person closest to you has any control over their digestive function.

7. You sneak off to the bathroom knowing that as soon as you sit down, someone's going to start banging on the door.

6. Probably 80% of the stains on the furniture contain DNA.

5. You've got someone in your face at 3 a.m. looking for a drink.

4. There's definitely going to be a fight.

3. You're not sure whether anything you're doing is right, you just hope it won't get you arrested.

2. There are crumpled-up underpants everywhere.

1. You wake up wondering exactly how and when the person in bed with you got there.

It is official - my house was the inspiration for Animal House because that describes this very domicile.  Brenna - thanks for making me laugh!  It was very much needed.  And the antics from Animal House are easier to laugh at that the projectile vomit of The Exorcist  that has taken over my house since Tuesday!

Happy Saturday!  Remember to root for my Packers tomorrow in the Super Bowl! GO PACK GO!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...