Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Night to Be...Me

Travis Robinson is an awesome music teacher.  My boys LOVE his class and he moves heaven and earth to make things work for kids in our school, even when the schedule does not necessarily allow for it.  When he came around with invitations to a gig with a new band he joined - The Affordables, I thought it was time for us to support him.  So, I dragged Miss DeVe with me, so I would have someone to talk to.  Racine is a little out of my comfort zone.  The bar took me back to my poorer college days. The concert was good.  The bar was small, the crowd was young, and I was not Mommy.  I did not have to worry about listening for one of the girls to cry and then puke, as I have done since Tuesday.  No worrying about mediating any disagreements between the boys.  Not having to make sure Curly makes it out before he settles in for the night.  Just me being me and hanging out.  Some days I think I forget that.  I get too caught up in being Mrs. H at work and Momma and Hoooneeyy?? at home.  Just Trina for the night.
 The Affordables are a Billy Joel and Elton John cover band.  Which is kind of funny considering I don't think anyone in the group is on this side of 30.  Lisa, knew none of the songs - which left be feeling a bit old, but eh - she just needs to expand her horizons!  Being my usual sweet self got us a free pizza and couple of rounds. We even got our own roll of paper towel with the pizza, which did not make everyone else happy.  :D VIP - all the way.  What can I say?  :*D  Nice to know I am not THAT old, yet!
I was glad to be home, even if my girls did crawl into bed with me the moment I got there myself.  Their next gig, I think I'll grab my husband and find a sitter.  And now I am back to the puke filled world of mommyhood - at least this past week.



Tonight is the long awaited Super Bowl.  We were supposed to go to my Dad's - have all the kids hang out, but D has got the bug she brought home Tuesday back from O.  So, my wonderful firefighter is going to stay with the girls, while the boys  and I go to Grandpa's.  He is awesome and I love him.

Let's Get The Party Started...Go PACKERS!¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Here We Go ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸☺ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪PACKERS ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸☺ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Here We Go ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸☻ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Here We Go ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸☺ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪PACKERS ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸☺ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Here We Go ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸☻ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Here We Go ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸☺ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪PACKERS ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸☺ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Here We Go ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸☻ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... ¸.•*¨*•♫♪

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...