Friday, February 4, 2011

Support Firefighterwives.net


A fellow FF Wife blogger is celebrating her birthday by bringing attention to a page that allows spouses and significant others of firefighters to show their pride - firefighterwives.net.  Especially as a new firefighter wife, I have found so much support in the blogs of women in the same place I am.  I expected to find new friends in the spouses of my husband's class and co-workers, but to my surprise I have found them all over the country.  On the nights J is working, there is another FF wife whose husband is on the same shift.  It is nice to have someone to chat with as opposed to sitting in the quiet of our house after all the muppets have gone to bed.  Reading through the blogs and board postings, you begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel and realize that this can and will work.

Please take a look at Val's blog as well as the Fire Fighter Wives page.  These are just two of the many sites that are out there to help the spouses and families of one of the most heroic, but also most stressful occupations.   Please show your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...