Monday, February 21, 2011

Welcome to the Picky Eaters Club

I have got the pickiest eaters in the world.  My husband does not each cheese.  My youngest is not a fan of bread or starches - much preferring plain old meat, in any form.  My princess would be happy eating PB&J for all of eternity.  Me, I fit in to this bunch as well.  I inherited my father's taste (or lack there of) for veggies and have a weird texture aversion - don't ask, I have no idea.  We are impossible to cook for.  If it isn't breakfast, not everyone agrees on the meal plan.

I am looking for help with food ideas.  Dishes that can be made on Sunday, frozen and thrown in the oven on Wednesday.  Sounds easy, right.  I also need to have the muppets eat them.  Ahhhh, that is where things get tricky!  I am not against making two - one with cheese and one without, for example.  I have been doing that for the last 14 years, I have grown comfortable with it. Life is getting crazy and during the week, especially when my hubby is pulling a 48, I need things as streamlines as possible.  I bought two casserole recipe books off of Amazon, I have scoured the web looking for ideas and I am continuing to search.   I am looking for your "kid tested, mother approved" suggestions and recipes.

So, I will start, although this is not something I have found a way to do ahead of time - sooo yummy.

Sherry Apple Pork Chops - Serves 6

Ingredients

    Sherry Apple Pork Chops Recipe
  • 7-1/4 pork chops
  • 3-1/2 large apples - peeled, cored and sliced
  • 1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons and 1-1/4 teaspoons butter
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons dry sherry
  • Directions

    This recipe's Ingredients were scaled to yield a new amount. The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield of 5 to 6 servings.
    1. In a large skillet, brown chops, about 2 minutes each side; reserve.
    2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    3. Arrange apple slices in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Dot with butter or margarine. Top with browned pork chops and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour sherry over all, cover and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until tender and internal temperature of pork has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...