Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Goals

I have lots of them, some are 30 years, some are for today or this week.  Some are pie in the sky dreams.


Right now, I am focusing on the NOW.


Goals for today - AKA my FF's penitential Honey-do list -

  • Tupperware sorted - keep, store downstairs, donate, toss.
  • Clean the girls room.  There are still boxes.  I just can't look at their room anymore.  <sigh>  BUT, it is the only room I can't seem to get under control.  The boys have been amazing with their rooms, so life is good.  I really can't complain...much.
  • Hang the curtains.  I want to be able to step out into my living room in my pjs without being concerned about how much light the tank is giving off.
  • Finding my Willow Tree figurines.  I am missing them. They have been packed away for a YEAR!
  • Put on my bed skirt.  I don't want to look at my bed spring and all of the wall pictures I have stashed under my bed anymore.

In a nut shell, my goal for the day is to have my house done, instead of looking like we are still moving.  Yesterday, I swallowed my pride and put away my FF's Mt Everest of folded laundry.  I needed my bedroom back.  After 3 1/2 weeks of him digging through that tub of clothes, I figured enough was enough.  It was nearing the light switch - work clothes, included.Sometimes you have to pick your battles and enjoy the beautiful hardwood floors that have been freed.

Hug your kids.  Kiss your FFs.  Enjoy the day.

1 comment:

  1. Those seem like nice, manageable tasks to get done and feel like you've made some good accomplishments.

    Except the girls' room. Good luck with that, haha.
    I gave up on cleaning the kids' rooms eons ago. One moved out, and one finally got sick of his own mess and boxed it all up. His room looks like he's moving in or out. The other one wallows in his landfill up there, but I just try to not have to go in there, lol.

    What's the reason he wouldn't put away his clothes: too busy, protest, not his usual chore? Maybe he was just temporarily overwhelmed and now that you've done the hard part he'll start putting his own stuff away (again?).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...