Thursday, July 5, 2012

Time to revisit my menu planner




I put up my menu board on the fridge with magnets, thinking that it would be safer and yet, somehow, since we moved I have glued the box, several of the clothespins (some multiple times) and the embellishments back on. <sigh>  So, all the pieces have been reattached.  I am waiting for it to set and I will put it back into combat because it is such an amazing tool in my sanity arsenal.  I also took this time to add some recipe tabs from my Pinterest board - I do actually use mine - A LOT! It gets me through the nights when I can't sleep, gives me something to help relieve some of the summer doldrums - I am amazed that resisted so long!

Part of my actual board...
 It also gave me a good excuse to pull out my casserole cookbooks...


    
and see what my muppets might be interested in trying these days.  J is working a 48 starting tomorrow, so it is a good time to get a head start on things for next week.  So much easier when all you have to do is toss the stuff in the crockpot or put the casserole in the oven and be done with it.  One day of muss and fuss is pretty much worth it.  (Possible now that I have the second fridge set up - giving me space to work with.)  Back to planning some meals and making new meal cards!

2 comments:

  1. Walmart has some glue/adhesive called E6000, IIRC, that's supposed to be really good.

    I'm so glad you love Pinterest, too. I was afraid after I wrote my post that some of my friends might try it and not like it, or get discouraged.

    I've found that sometimes when I feel anxious or, I don't know, just not too good, looking at Pinterest calms me.

    I need to arrange my Boards better, but seems I'd rather look and Pin than organize :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to take a look at that adhesive. I need something other than my tacky glue and my Mod Podge.

      I have only been pinning for 6-8 weeks or so, but I love the ideas that I get from it! Esp for the kids this summer, usually I have them in a day camp, but this year with the move it was too crazy, so they are just chilling with me. I have found soo many good ideas!

      I think your boards are well organized, not that I am stalking you or anything! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...