Friday, July 5, 2013

He's home...finally


Well, not mine.  We are about to start the back half of our 48.  He is being sent to a "fun" house.  On a quieter engine, in an awesome neighborhood.  He  might spend his day passing out cookies to the k9 constituency of his area.  It will be a good day for him.

I am missing him at the moment.  The kids are still sleeping since we got in so late.  But its all good.  I will have this moment tomorrow.  How amazing will that be!

So those of you (like me) who made the parade, picnic, fireworks circuit  solo this year, throw your arms around him and say welcome home.  He is home.  And that alone is a reason to rejoice.

2 comments:

  1. Mine got home at 9:30 pm on the fourth. I was bummed because it's HIS favorite holiday, not necessarily mine. But he wanted me to throw our annual bbq anyways. So I did. He got to see the friends who were still there when he got home. And he gave me that big smile just for me. :)

    Also, celebrating holidays on different days are part of the life. And my mom reminded me that some day he may be IN the parade on the fourth. That's comforting to think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that he made it. So worth it!! So glad to see you here!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...