Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Reason 1896 that I am a Control Freak

I need to plan.  I need to know what I am doing and when I am doing and with whom I am doing it.  Part of that is due to how hectic life is at the moment, part of it is an anxiety that comes from my brain damage when I am unsure of where I am going or what I am doing.  Part of it is just plain old boring Type A personality syndrome.


Dinner.  Dinner is probably the craziest time of the day and it was out of control.  I keep trying to make casseroles and such up on the weekend so, in theory, all I have to do is toss it in the oven, but...yeah...see...that hasn't happened yet.  When I come home, my creative juices are drained, I can't think of what to feed my children and when all else fails, Domino's will do my cooking for me.  No muss, no fuss, no car seats.  But not necessarily a good mommy move.


I took inspiration from a friend of mine from high school.  She has 3 girls and the crazy schedule.  And through the joys of Facebook, I could indeed see what she discovered on Pintrest and apply it to my chaos.  Simplicity at its best.  I loved it.  So, I went to the blog where she found her inspiration.


I know I am not crafty.  I know I am not at all good at this sort of thing, but even I can handle this.  So, here is the metamorphosis.


The box is a PopTart box covered in scrapbook paper.  That is to hold the recipes for the week, if they are needed, and the menu items.  There is a ribbon to cover up the overlap between the 2 pages and my mistakes on my pretty box. I used craft glue to essentially decoupage the clothespins with an accent paper.  I didn't put the days of the week on there, because I figure I am smart enough to figure out what day is what, without needing the distraction.   The menu items are simply note cards cut with scrapbooking scissors.


. The PopTart box wrapped in scrapbook paper to hold recipes and menu items.



 A Work in Progress.







Finished product.  I think I am going to take off the menu sticker
 and add the glass of wine sticker.


I only have one box, where the other has two.  I am such a Type A, I have the whole month planned on a calendar.  This just allows easy access to menu items and needed recipes for the week.




Next Mommy craft moment - Chore Charts.  I have been bugging Daddy to take care of it, but it is like the laundry.  I can be stubborn and wait or I can just do it.  I found a great idea while looking for ideas for the menu board.  I wish I was this creative, but sadly I am not.  Look for these this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you did such a good job! I thought yours was another picture fro Pinterest!

    Maybe just move the Menu sticker down a little, towards over the top of the clothespins. Would you still have enough room for the wine sticker? (Or were you j/k?)

    I can't plan dinner a few hours ahead, much less a week or a month. It sucks. I should probably write the name of everything I know how to cook on slips of paper and toss them in a hat and pick out seven at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will move/remove that menu sticker. Thanks for the compliment, I am not really all that great with this kind of thing! I wasn't really sure I could make this work or not.

    That was pretty much what I did, figured out every what I make, wrote them down and went from there. So far so good. It makes me stay home and cook rather than ordering out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...