Monday, December 31, 2012

A Year in Review...or Not

I was trying to think of how to summarize the year.  What to focus on - local, national, temporal or spiritual.  After some pondering, I have decided not to reflect today with this post.  I spent too much time with tragedies trying to make sense of things, that is has worn me out.  Instead, I am looking to the future - to O's birthday.  

She is going to be FIVE!  Where in the world did the time go??!!  I can remember sitting by her in that isolette for hours on end.  Now she is officially and firmly in the big girl world!

And being such a big girl, she got some big girl presents over the Christmas holiday, including an Easy Bake Oven, which she has joint custody of with her sister.  It has gone much smoother than I anticipated.  They are sharing AMAZINGLY well.  Perhaps there is hope for the future, yet.

But, I digress...


After reminiscing about the Easy Bake I inherited as a child, which I believe is still floating around the family somewhere, we got down to some serious baking.  The girls had so much fun, making them, serving their siblings, cousin, uncle and grandpa.  I thought, "Hey, perfect!  People can get her these sets for her birthday!"  Which they can!  But, to sustain this habit, would be a bit pricey.  

So, what do you do with such a conundrum?  Turn to Pinterest!  Duh, especially when you're in the midst of a 48.

I found some Easy Bake Recipe posts and got the idea to make a Cookbook for O for her birthday.  

D is so thrilled to be baking!

So, I compiled some recipes, found a site (createmycookbook.com) to put them together for me - including a mushy dedication page - in a nice neat package.  I am hoping to have it ordered tonight. Cake section is done and ready for press.

Off to the Cookies Section.

Make some cookies with your muppets and let your FFs know how much you love them.

And from my family to yours, Blessings and Love for coming New Year!  Happy 2013!  Be safe out there tonight! 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, I have no idea how your comment got deleted. I would home I am the only admin. I came to reply and it was gone. Ehh...

      Anyway, it is amazing how the world of the interwebs has made so many things so much more convenient. I would not have taken the time to figure out proportions of these recipes on my own. I would have probably only experimented with regular box mixes.

      I am excited for it to come, dorky as that may be.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...