Monday, January 14, 2013

Family Pictures

I will have been married 15 years this summer.  I LOVE taking pictures, but I am not in too many of them, because the camera is always in my hand.  Our last formal pictures were our wedding pictures.  And family pictures...well, ummm,  yeah, we have none!   

So, this past spring I got a bee in my bonnet and decided to have pictures taken. Found a date during the week when my FF was off shift AND we were off of school so we could have more time and less pressure that comes with the weekend.  Sounds perfect.  Until the bonehead forgot to check the calendar before he made a trade.  UGH!

The infamous "divorce" picture.
Well, I was stubborn and had the pictures done anyway.  Pictures of the girls, the boys, all four muppets and me with the muppets.  He felt bad that he was left out and calls those pictures, as lovingly as he can, the divorce pictures.  So I can put it up right away when I get fed up with this crazy life.  Not that I see that happening, this crazy life has kinda grown on me - even if it is a fungus type growth.
Last spring's picture of the muppets.


I finally scheduled a date for pictures a few weeks ago and did not really give him a choice in the matter.  I put a reminder that would go to his phone and pretty much threatened him with some sort of bodily harm if he made a trade.

And this weekend came and they went really well.  Our photographer and her partner, were amazed at how easy our muppets were to photograph. Except at one point - B was giggling incessantly, which distracted the girls and so I set him out the hallway to collect himself.  Which he interpreted as being in trouble and the tears started flowing.  That was not my intention.  And I had to calm him down. Ah well.  He lived, without too many scars and I am certain it will be a story he tells later in life. So, we had family pictures, individual pictures - I was boycotting the school pictures this year - and pictures of the FF and me. FINALLY!  And we celebrated by spending some of the dinner gift cards we have had sitting around.  It was a wonderful way to close the weekend. 

Amazing that something so little can bring so much happiness, but I was walking on air yesterday, having so much fun.

As soon as the previews are ready, I will share them.  I am so excited.  I bought the CD as well.  It just makes it easier to share and reprint.

My next goal - outdoor pictures by the lake, in the fall.  Not that I am being picky or anything.

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see them! We're doing family pictures tomorrow night, probably our last one because our olders start heading out and won't all be back in the house at the same time again for at least eight years. Who knows if we get to keep our little bug that long. Love the pictures of you and the kids, but it will be great to see all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How brave of you to do the pics without your FF ;0) I am in the same boat, 15 years this summer and the last formal family pic with me in them was 5 years ago and 1 less kid :0( You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually would probably have been okay and NOT quite as insistent if we had SOME sort of family pictures. We literally had none. Good luck getting yours scheduled. Hopefully it does not take 15 years like mine did! ;-)

      Delete
  3. HA! I love the "threaten him with bodily harm" comment. When they don't listen to us they get left out, simple as that. LoL you probably try and make family pix a regular occurrence. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Our last "family picture" would have been at our wedding - you know pre-kids. This is our first one - ever!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...