Monday, May 21, 2012

And this is why I do this...

Every "class" has its own identity.  Ask any teacher and they will tell you.  Some are whiny, some are focused, some are uber smart and some are just average, some are athletic and some are crazy.  But, you can never be too sure you know them until you work with them.


I am the junior class adviser.  My job is done for the year now that Prom is over and yet I am already working on next year's prom if you can believe it.  I have made my notes of things to remember, started brainstorming ideas and emailed my officers to set up a FB page that we can work off of this summer.  (It might be the only place I can get a hold of them.)  Some of my future juniors came to me with an idea or two.


They would like to give back. 


What an amazing thing to hear!  Especially considering my opinions of them at the start of this year.  So, instead of merely planning the Prom festivities, they are also interested in some Prom based service activities.  One idea was to do an Operation Cinderella Dress Drive for our county and the other is to help or plan Children's Hospital of Wisconsin's Patient Prom.  How awesome is that!?!






Just when you think you are ready to be done, you get a sign to remind of why you do these things that drive you crazy. Instant battery recharge!


Now, I can hardly wait to start working with them.


So, if you are interested in Donating to either cause, feel free to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...