Friday, May 18, 2012

I Used to Be a Book Worm

and I don't know where that has gone.  In the summer, I read constantly.  But during the school year, I think I have read 4 or 5 books NOT for class.  I will read that in a week's time over the summer.  It is sad.  I keep hoping that life will slow down.  I said that last year for after the academy.  I said it last summer after the move.  I said it from September through April for Paramedic Training and now I find myself saying it again, for after this move.


I miss reading.  I miss my Nook.  I miss the library.  I miss books.  


So, for April and May, my goal was to get a post a day up.  My next goal will be starting June 15th, to read 3 books a week and get back into my library night routine.  I am hoping the summer reading program for the kids will be enough to get them to hold me accountable. I miss it.


Happy almost Friday!  Kiss your Firefighters. Hug your Kids.

2 comments:

  1. I can see, during the school year, where you wouldn't have much time for reading what with lessons, assignments, grading, not to mention all the extras you take on, plus everything at home.

    Hopefully things will slow down over the summer and give you a chance to read, relax, and recharge.

    I read a lot more in the winter because I hate being cold and refuse to move too far from my heater, so I sit by it and read.
    With Spring and better weather I'm up and moving around and doing stuff and sitting and reading makes me antsy.
    Once summer sets in I'll probably go back to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a lot of ideas off your site, so you have added quite a bit to my library for the summer. I will have to let you know what I think! I can't wait to get plants in and get my house ready, so I think my goals of reading as much as usual might be a bit too lofty. We'll see. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...