Thursday, May 17, 2012

Luck is not on my side

But, you can't win if you don't try.  I know that to be true.  So, I have tossed my hat in the ring to see what I can do.


Two things that I have coveted over the last 4 years, a DSLR and a Kitchen-Aid stand mixer.  ( I know I should be happy with what I have, I preach it to my children daily.  But every once in a while...) I got an unexpected check from the public school system for being a mentor and we sold some jewelry that I will never wear and have no desire to pass on to my girls - BOOM, there's my camera.  After the move you can be sure I will on KEH or B&H's site picking out my lovely camera.


The other is a stand mixer.  My dad calls me when QVC has them on to tell me about the wonderful payment plan and discounts, but still, that is a month's worth of daycare.  Not happening for a bit.  I will have to live with my hand mixer, also a Kitchen-Aid, that my mom gave me.  Such a wonderful upgrade from the $6 one from Wal-Mart that I bought in college.  And our hands.


We bake more than I would have ever imagined.  Saturday night is pizza night in our house.  My hubby makes the crust from scratch.  It would make his life so much easier.  Cakes and breads and cookies, suddenly I am little Mrs. Dolly Domestic.  I am not sure when that transformation occurred, but it did indeed.  I because of this I have been longing for a Stand Mixer.


Tuesday I started following someone on Twitter, checked out their blog and fell in love.  Then, my love was confirmed when I liked her Facebook page and read about her give away for May - A lovely sunny yellow pepper Kitchen-Aid stand mixer. I had to try.  Will I win, I can tell you most assuredly not, but I have to try.




Here is my personal link.  <<<<<< Click there.  Like her page, toss your hat in and luck to us all.  Maybe this time??  Probably not, but you never know.  After the way my luck has been going this week, something's got to give.  I mean being puked on my your kindergartner in public during "my dinner" on Mother's Day has to pay off somehow, right? 


So, feel free to go to my personal link and help me get some entries.  Send your good Juju my way, this would SO help my week.


Happy Thursday!  Hug your kids and kiss your firefighters.

2 comments:

  1. I love love my stand mixer!!! When I finally got mine it made making cakes so much easier and they even taste better, I swear! Cookies too. It is all about the texture. I used to use a 6 buck hand mixer too, and with only one metal thingy left on it! I hope you win!! hey, can I have that crust recipe? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not near as talented as you are, you should have seen the rainbow cake I attempted earlier this spring!

      I will get the recipe from my hubby tonight. I know I like the one with honey better than the other one he has used in the past. And he bakes the crust before he makes the pizza - although I am trying to convince him NOT to, just to see the difference.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...