Wednesday, May 2, 2012

No More Curse of the Blue Shift

Blue shift = sick, puking kids that the exorcist would be proud of
Blue shift = H1N1 and a hospitalization for a sick little toddler that had a "virus" I was "overreacting" to.
Blue shift = our 18 year-old golden having dozens of seizures throughout the night.
Blue shift = our house being broken into and my entire sense of security being shaken. 
Blue shift = kids locking my keys in the trunk of my car.


In short, I am not a fan of the Blue shift.


So, as of yesterday, we are officially on the GREEN shift.


Yes, I know.  The curse of the Blue shift will catch up with us and things will always happen when he is on shift no matter where it falls in the rotation.  But for now, I am content to enjoy the honeymoon period.  And I have to adjust my Cozi calendar.


Last night he had 11 calls by the time I talked to him at 9:45pm and the tones went off as we were chatting. (Of course - dang tones!)  I am not sure what his night was like.  I am certain that his morning was crazy, given this zero visibility fog we have this morning.  I left him a barrage of "don't forget" messages that I did not get to last night, because he has to pick up the kids this afternoon since I have a meeting at the Cousins Center.  Hopefully, he listens and or reads them this morning.


I left him a surprise on his dresser, we'll see if he notices it or if he simply passes out from exhaustion.


Happy Hump Day!  Snuggle your kids and listen to your firefighter's chatter.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully Green will be better to you. Green is Lucky, right.

    Is his new shift always going to be so busy or was that one of those nights, because of the weather or something?

    Did he notice his surprise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! So far, it has been quiet. You know the whole 2 shifts! LOL He is at a busier med house and this is where he did his field work, but it was busier than normal.

      He did. I stole the idea from another blog. Found a frame we got for our wedding a million years ago. Wrote "I love you because..." with some lovely kisses. I have been changing the reason every morning with an overhead marker. He noticed it when we were getting ready this morning. "That's a pretty frame." was his response. His little smile was so worth it!

      Delete
    2. Aw, sweet. I saw what you're talking about, I think it was on Smoke Eater's Wife blog? Sweet idea. I just can't think of reasons at moment, lol.

      Delete
    3. That was where I saw it. :( No good. I hope that things get better. you're Easter post broke my heart. BTDT

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...