Thursday, May 31, 2012

It followed me

The curse of the Blue Shift is now the curse of the Green Shift.  So far (knocking on formica before I type this) nothing has gone WRONG, just inconvenient, I guess.


So, yup, this would be me whining.  We have never been at a school that did a Kindergarten completion (I just can't call it a graduation) ceremony before.  D has one today.  O has a little ceremony in the Montessori, as well.  My final is a project, I thought I could sneak over.  You know the perks of having all 4 kids in one PreK-12 academy (that I teach in), right?  Yeah, let's just say, not so much.  We'll leave this discussion for another day.  So, you think I could send my hubs - nope he's working.  Just like he was supposed to work for Prom.  And so it begins.  The Honeymoon is over.  I even tried to move - literally.  Guess I was not fast enough in that regard.  The Curse of Blue Shift, informed the Green Shift and here we are.


Yes, I know.  It is just kindergarten.  But, sadly, D will be the only - no lie - the only one without a mommy or daddy there.  Probably O as well.  I asked our Admissions Director if she would be willing to stand in for me, take pictures.  You know, the usual.  And she is MORE than willing to do so.  I even sent a plea to my hubby last week to see if he could make a trade.  I feel so bad for the girls.  


Sad, I know.  I will be done fussing in a moment.  But for now, I am wishing I could be there with them.  Big picture, really not a big deal.  But for this moment, a little heartbreaking.


1 comment:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry things didn't work out for the EOS ceremonies :(

    I would be whining too.

    Yep, it pretty much doesn't matter which shift it is, it's a generally universal rule that if something's going to go wrong or be messed up, it's going to happen on shift day. Whatever day it is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...